POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature: iso-bels : Re: Feature: iso-bels Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature: iso-bels
From: Sander
Date: 24 Nov 2000 11:35:43
Message: <MPG.1488a233174790f89896b2@news.povray.org>
in povray.general, Chris Huff says...

> > If so, does it compute the De Broigle wavelength of a particle? Does
> > it then use its duality to compute wave effects?
>
> Um, no...but you can probably do something like that yourself, using the
> age of the particle. I don't know what the "De Broigle wavelength" is,
> so I can't tell for sure...
De Broglie [correct spelling] (a French prince, Nobel prize physics 1929)
proved that electrons have an inherent wavelength, depending on their
energy. This is what PP was referring to. It was the first step that was
leading to the development of quantum mechanics. A clever prince he was!
--
Regards,  Sander